Janitorial Operations Manager
|Salary Range:|| DOE|
|Benefits:||Health,Dental,Vision Insurance and PTO.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Deliver professional janitorial management and solutions in support of both short-term and long-term business goals of the company by maintaining systems and procedures for operating efficiency. Manage staff for optimum performance. This individual will actively manage day and night janitorial operations of assigned accounts, while supporting employees in a positive manner and ensuring that all services are being provided with quality and in a cost effective manner.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing the work of subordinates to ensure the terms and conditions of the contract and client are being met in accordance with CCJ standards of quality and target profit.
- Has the ability to hire, discipline, terminate, and recommend for promotion other employees.
- Supervise cleaning personnel treating employees fairly and with respect.
- Facilitate and coordinate work assignments.
- Train, instruct, and assign work to the custodial crew.
- Inspect work in progress and upon completion.
- Manage cleaning personnel to create a focused approach of zero defects in service quality and safety.
- Schedule and coordinate janitorial projects. i.e.: floors, carpets, etc.
- Maintain good client relations on a pro-active basis with excellent customer service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Resolve all customer issues in a timely manner and follow up with customer to ensure satisfaction.
- Work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner.
- Review and adhere to labor requirements, budgets and all work-site specs for each customer assigned.
- Demonstrate and promote company culture, values and management philosophy.
- Perform and follow up on customer Inspection Reports as required per set schedule.
- Call on potential customers. Up sell with current clients and sell to neighboring businesses.
- Ensure cleaning processes and proper supplies are being utilized correctly by staff.
- Train and re-train employees as required.
- Perform Employee Evaluations for staff under their management.
- Perform and assist with process of recruitment, interviews and disciplinary actions.
- Ensure compliance with all labor laws, OSHA regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Inspect janitorial closets on customer’s premises to ensure they are kept neat, orderly and properly stocked with approved chemicals and clean mops.
- Inspect equipment kept on customer’s premises to ensure it is clean, working properly and safe. (Frayed cords, etc.)
- Look for safety hazards on customer premises. Report all safety hazards to authorized personnel.
- Effectively coordinate employee schedules to ensure coverage of all jobs
- Determine staffing requirements and notify HR using job requisition
- Ensure custodial staff is maintaining a professional appearance.
- Monitor budgets for all accounts assigned utilizing time keeping system to manage employee time spent in facilities.
- Verify all employee time and attendance is correct and correct any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Maintain employee incident reports.
- Order supplies for customers as needed to maintain proper inventory.
- Ensure custodial staff has proper personal protective equipment needed.
- Work with administrative staff to create professional proposals as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of company, customer and employee information.
- Protect and safeguard all company assets and customer property.
- Facilitate Safety Topic monthly with custodial personnel and obtain signatures verifying understanding.
- Maintain means of access…keys, access cards, fobs in a secure manner and labeled according to company protocol.
- Attend networking events/trade shows as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Special Skills/Knowledge/Abilities Required:
- Working knowledge of cleaning systems and techniques.
- Strong service/quality attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple work sites, projects and tasks concurrently.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Availability to work late hours and weekends.
- Ability to interact successfully and courteously with a variety of people including customers, employees, vendors and co-workers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. (Spanish preferred)
- Must have ability to communicate with others in a professional, accurate, clear and concise manner.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- The ability to motivate, direct, set the example, and develop employees reporting to the position.
- Must have the ability to positively handle work under time and budgetary restraints.
- Ability to understand contract requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable safety policies and procedures (MSDS, OSHA).
- Ability to understand and apply workplace and job site safety.
- Knowledge of human resource management principles and procedures.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Information management
- Planning and organizing
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Delegating tasks and responsibility
- Motivating staff
- High School Diploma and experience in the industry
- Must have a valid driver’s license, pass a driving record check, pass a criminal background check, drug screening and have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull, and lift heavy objects.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders several times a day.
- Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations, treating each individual with respect and dignity.